Port Moody, British Columbia wikipedia
Find Port Moody apartments for rent in a natural Metro Vancouver setting. The smallest of Metro Vancouver’s Tri-Cities, which include Coquitlam on the east and south and Burnaby on the west, Port Moody is a 40-minute drive from downtown Vancouver and the U.S. border. When you’re renting in Port Moody, you’re choosing a life of arts, outdoor adventure, seaside parks, mountain trails and lakes. The picturesque setting features a stunning backdrop of Eagle mountain, and a protected harbour for boating and kayaking.
Recreation, Arts and Culture in Port Moody, British Columbia
Select one of the many Port Moody, BC apartments for rent and be close to the suburb’s big city amenities or its quieter and more laid-back happenings.
• Rocky Point Park – Port Moody’s best-known park is a popular destination for boaters to launch as well as hikers on Shoreline train. Locals in the know come here for the recreational pier, outdoor pool during warm months, skateboard park, bike trails, playground, Old Mill Boat House, artists in the park, trails and wildlife viewing.
• White Pine Beach – whether you’re a beach bum who’s looking to tan or a water baby looking to splash around, this clean beach is the perfect place to bring the whole family, year round. Sasamat Lake, where the beach is located, also features walking trails, a concession stand, and much more.
• Parks, Museums, Breweries, Theatre, Kayaking and more.
Education in Port Moody, British Columbia
Students in the Metro Vancouver area often rent in Port Moody, BC and commute to some of the post-secondary institutions nearby, including:
• Simon Fraser University (Burnaby Campus) – SFU’s main campus on Burnaby Mountain is a 10-minute drive away from the heart of Port Moody. Named after Simon Fraser, this university is consistently ranked amongst Canada’s top post-secondary institutions.
• Douglas College – since 1970, Douglas College has been a place where students could gain the foundation for a good career. Named after Sir James Douglas, a former Governor of British Columbia, Douglas College serves students within the Greater Vancouver area through its four learning centres—New Westminster, Surrey Training Centre, Surrey Learning Centre and Coquitlam.
Transportation in Port Moody, British Columbia
Those renting in Port Moody, BC can take advantage of the TransLink public transit system to get around the city, or connect with neighbouring communities within Metro Vancouver.
More Apartments for Rent